What LED Test Product Is The Right Choice For You?
IS IT COST EFFECTIVE?
- Only Optomistic Products Universal LightProbesTM offer the unique Trident solution – for reliable testing of 3 LEDs with a single sensor, cutting costs by as much as 50%
DOES IT PERFORM A SIMPLE AND RELIABLE LED COLOR TEST?
- For the majority of all LED testing, ON/OFF status and correct visual color is all that is required
- The Universal LightProbe Penta Sensor provides a visual color test with a stepped analog output voltage independent of the LED’s intensity
- No need to convert sensor data to the LED visual color in ATE software, and you don’t need to know LED’s wavelength, hue, or saturation
- The ATE software simply sets the PASS/FAIL voltage limits for the correct color voltage as in the case of electrical probes
DOES IT PROVIDE THE LED INTENSITY INFORMATION YOU NEED?
- Most LED manufacturers specify the luminous intensity of LEDs in milicandelas (mcd) – the International Standards (SI) unit of luminous intensity
- Universal LightProbes intensity output characteristic corresponds with the luminous intensity on an LED in milicandela’s, eliminating the need for any conversion
WILL IT WITHSTAND POWER WIRING ERRORS?
- Only Optomistic Products Sensors are “goof proof” working on any DC power supply you or your customer may have
- Optomistic Producrs patented voltage protection includes +5, 12, 24 or 28 volts D.C. to support all industries including consumer electronics, automotive, and avionics
- Withstands reverse polarity wiring mistakes and inductive transients up to -18 volt
WILL IT FIT IN YOUR FIXTURE AND CAN IT WORK WITHIN YOUR MECHANICAL CONSTRAINTS?
- Universal LightProbes’ two-part solution combines a small Sensor (14mm dia. X 21mm long) with a choice of over 30 Fiber-optic Probe styles
- Finding real-estate in the fixture for the small Sensor is easy, and its plastic housing will not short ICT “nails”
- Wide choice of fiber-optic probes will test the smallest LEDs, closely spaced LEDs, extremely dim LEDs, side-facing LEDs and more
IS IT FAST ENOUGH?
- The small, flexible, and easy to install Universal LightProbe Sensors each provide a simultaneous output for color and intensity - for any number of LEDs - in less than 450mS
- Universal LightProbe sensors output LED intensity and color “in-parallel” as stable analog voltages, requiring no conversion processing by the ATE software
- For extremely bright LEDs, the response time is typically shorter (and for very dim LEDs, proportionately longer)
- For ICT, the Sensors use the same software as testers use for electrical probes, saving software development time
DOES THE COMPANY OFFER SOLID SUPPORT?
- Optomistic products has been exclusively dedicated to LED test for over 24 years – with patented technologies beginning in 1989
- Every product is made in the USA, is serialized and traceable, and fully tested before it ships