Peak Test Services can now provide a new receptacle extraction tool which allows the receptacle to be removed upright from the board which results in no damage to the test board. This allows a quick and easy exchange of the receptacle.
- Thread Insert
- Guiding Sleeve
- Screw Nut
- Always ensure the handle is locked! Screw the tool clockwise into the mounted receptacle until a few turns are cut. This will be realised when the screwing becomes tighter and the guiding sleeve (3) sits on the module/board.
- Release the lock. Turn the handle back slightly counterclockwise and then up through the guided lock. Hold the tool surfaces tightly (marked red) and turn the black handle counterclockwise.
- Turn the tool clockwise and the receptacle will be pulled upwards from the mounting plate. This will be extracted through the guiding sleeve.
- Remove the receptacle which has been extracted from the insert by using the pliers provided and screwing it counterclockwise from the tool.
- For reuse, the thread insert (2) must be screwed all the way down so the lock can be set.
Please note, further inserts and guiding sleeves for more receptacle series can be purchased as seperate items. Prices are available on request.
Please view our dedicated product page for this tool here, or contact our dedicated sales team for further information.